Professional Teeth Whitening Advantages
- Whiter, Brighter Teeth in just one visit
- Professional Results
- Beautiful, younger looking smile
If you’re happy with your teeth except for the color, then whitening may be for you! We offer several options for whitening:
Dash Whitening treatment is the fastest, easiest way to whiten your teeth. It is a simple teeth whitening procedure performed by a dental professional in just one office visit, giving you immediate results for whiter, brighter teeth. The treatment starts with a short preparation, isolating your gums, lips and cheeks from any contact with the whitening gel, leaving only your teeth exposed. Then the whitening gel is applied and left on your teeth for several sessions of 15 minutes each. Fresh gel is reapplied for each session. Professional whitening can take years off your smile, giving you a more youthful, vibrant appearance. Whiter teeth can also increase your self-confidence and self-image. Have a beautiful, brighter smile for all of your important events including weddings, graduations, reunions, anniversaries, birthdays, vacations, celebrations, or just for you! Your dental professional can thoroughly review your dental history and assess your oral health. They are professionally trained to determine if you are a good candidate for teeth whitening and which product works best for your needs. Only your dental professional can use the strongest whitening gel available in the safest environment possible.
Custom Whitening Trays with Gel for Home Use
We also offer the option of custom trays you can use at home with a special whitening gel. Many patients use the trays to boost the Dash Whitening treatment later on when they want a touch-up. You can also choose this option without having in-office whitening. Using the trays alone will take longer to whiten your teeth, but you can still receive good results as long as you are consistent with using them. There are several options for whitening gel available, ask Dr. Matlock or your hygienist which one would work best for you.
How does teeth whitening work?
- Hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient in most whitening products and has been safely used for decades to whiten teeth. The peroxide penetrates through your enamel into the dentin to break down stains and make them colorless. Results cannot be predicted or guaranteed, and can vary greatly depending on your age, genetics, past dental and medical history, starting shade and the overall condition of your teeth. Yellow and brown stains tend to whiten more effectively than grey or blue-tinted stains.
Is it safe?
- Tooth whitening is an established procedure in cosmetic dentistry. Clinical research has proven that whitening teeth with hydrogen peroxide under dental supervision is generally safe for teeth and gums. In fact, many dentists consider this the safest cosmetic procedure available. If you have any questions, ask your dental professional, who is there to help you make your smile the best it can be.
What if I have sensitive teeth?
- Tooth sensitivity can be a common side effect for some patients. However, sensitivity is only temporary and should disappear within 24 hours. In-Office whitening includes a post-whitening sensitivity treatment to help minimize any possible discomfort. Ask your dental professional about additional options.